LASOP Junior Board Member (Volunteer Position)
The Los Angeles Society of Pathologists, Inc. is seeking a Pathology Resident or Fellow to join the Board as the Resident Representative for the 2017-2018 academic year, holding the position of Junior Board Member. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a local society, to network with colleagues from other institutions, and to develop important leadership and management skills.
Expected roles and responsibilities of the junior board member include:
* Attendance at the monthly Board meetings and participation in discussions pertaining to activities of the Society.
* Attend the LASOP Monthly Academic Program (lectures and seminars) promoted by the Society.
* Assist with the planning and execution of the 2018 LASOP Annual Current Topics in Pathology all day program.
* Assist in writing the monthly newsletter.
* Function as the ambassador for Residents and Fellows, voicing their needs and concerns.
Board meetings and LASOP Monthly Academic Programs are held at the Good Samaritan Hospital (Moseley Salvatori Conference Center, 637 South Lucas Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90017) from 5:15 - 8:00 pm, every second Tuesday of the month with the exception of July and August (no meetings - summer hiatus). The 2018 LASOP Annual Current Topics in Pathology will take place at City of Hope (Cooper Auditorium, 1500 E. Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010) on Saturday January 20th and is an all-day program.
Interested applicants are asked to:
* Hold a current junior LASOP membership
* Submit for consideration of the Executive Board:
- Current C.V.
- Brief statement: please indicate why you are interested in becoming a junior board member, what features and/or experience you possess that make you a good candidate, and what contributions you could potentially make if you are chosen for this position.
CVs and statements from all interested will be reviewed and voted on by the Executive Board. The Resident or Fellow with the most votes will be invited to join the board with the first meeting on September 12, 2017.
Please send an email with your CV and statement to Shirley Jacke at firstname.lastname@example.org and type "Junior Board Member Applicant" in the subject field.
The deadline for submission is September 28, 2017.
Locum Tenens or Part-Time Pathologist
A position is available for a locum tenens or a part time Pathologist with Board Certification in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, to cover an acute care hospital with an active surgical program in Palmdale, California.
Excellent communications skills, ability to work independently and hospital experience are strongly desired.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum Vitae and references to:
Camilla R. Cruz
Palmdale Regional Medical Center
38600 Medical center Drive
Palmdale, CA 93551