The Los Angeles Society of Pathologists, Inc. is dedicated to promoting and
improving the practice of pathology for the benefit of patients, the
Society’s members, and the local pathology community. The Society achieves
its mission by:
- Fostering continuing education through Scientific Programs, using
case presentations, didactic lectures, workshops and panel discussions,
designed to improve the quality of pathology practice. 9 of the programs
will be offered on a monthly basis, 1.5 hours each month and 1 will be an
all day program, 5-6 hours in length. Most programs will feature local
academic specialists with national and international specialists or a
local specialist of note provided for the September, December and January
- Supporting the needs of individual practitioners by primarily
discussing scientific issues with some attention to legislative and
governmental issues related to current practice.
- Identifying informational needs through the Quality Improvement
process, periodic evaluation/suggestion process, and constant review of
current medical literature, as deemed appropriate by the Board of
- Making educational programs, which address current needs and
expectations, available to all Active and Junior members, non member
physicians, and other health professionals.
- Providing a forum for the open exchange of new ideas.
- Encouraging pathology residents to conduct research and present their
findings to the members.
- Providing a fraternal atmosphere that promotes mutual support for the
Adopted/Revised: 10/94, 1/97, 4/99, 11/01, 9/03, 9/05
Read our History
Read our Bylaws